Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The Latest!


I regret to say that I have been way to busy to update my blog. I do have some time on my hands that I can show you pictures from the birth and on. I will try to be as descriptive as I can. The pictures above are during the 15 hour labor. I had to catch as much sleep as I could. Which was not easy with nurses and doctors bugging you ever 2 seconds. Luke and I were so nervous during the whole thing we were just laughing through everything. Even through the epidural. Doctor said "out of the 1500 epidural he has given, this was the first time he has ever told someone to stop laughing." As painful as it was, it was very enjoyable to be with Luke. I wouldn't let him leave my side. I was very clingy.


After 15 hours and 2 hours of pushing, here is Elijah Dale Park! 8 Pounds 10 Ounces and 20 inches long. I knew he was going to be big. I was 3 days late and Luke and I were both 9-10 pound babies.


We love our growing little family. Luke is a wonderful father, and I sure hope I am the mother Eli needs. My parents came up from saint george to help us for the weekend and of course to met there new favorite grandson. I left the same day of having him. Crazy thinking!?.


Well on with other stuff I will show you some more recent photos of us. Eli is now 13 1/2 weeks, and is such a joy to be around. He is starting to really giggle and laugh which is so fun. Also he is learning how to grab things with his hands so well . He is around 16 pounds and is still growing. Wearing 6-12 month clothes at 3 months. They said that they grow fast. But I didn't realize it was this fast. Luke and I love spending every moment with him and are really enjoying bonding as a family. As each challenge and hardship comes our way, we are excited to learn and grow as a family.




Luke loves being a father. There favorite thing to do is have bath time together. It is so fun to see them laugh and play together!

We had Eli's baby blessing in Saint George with his older (yes older, by two weeks) cousin Portor Michael Bergquist. It was such a sweet blessing and fun experience to experience first born sons together with Aaron and Nataile.

Following my birth two weeks later our chihuahuas had there first litter of 3 puppies. The last puppy Hank ( thats what we called him) loved loved Eli and Eli him. They would snuggle and sleep together. Hank would always sit on Eli's lap and just chill with him. We just recently sold him. But it was fun while it lasted.




Elijah loves watching TV. Baby Einstein to be specific. He will sit in front of the tv for hours watching and laughing. Best invention ever!
http://www.hqusareur.army.mil/Images/Army-Logo.gif

Well the lastest news in our family. Is that Luke might be joining the ARMY! Crazy I know. He is really excited to do something different and something he has always wanted to do. I told him as long as he is not fighting in the front lines. that I would be ok with it. We are both excited for the adventure it will bring us, and the places we will be able to visit. Well to all of you. I hope I updated all of you to the fullest. I wish you all happy holidays. Till next time.

2 comments:

Bree said...

Holy cow!!! When is he going into the ARMY? By the way, I love the new added pictures!(: How are you guys doing anyway? Are you guys going to be in SL for Christmas? We are headed up there this Saturday to spend some time with all the family. Hope to see you atleast a little while we're there. ttyl

Miriam H said...

Finally an update!! love you guys!