Saturday, May 1, 2010

Emergency Room

Yes we have had a fun time this week. Two whole visits to the ER for Eli. What fun it has been. First off, Eli has broken his Tib/Fib in his leg. It was all just a freak accident too. We were at Luke's Mandatory Family Day, and they had the inflatable bouncer obstacle course. So I told Luke to take Eli on it while I stood on the side to cheer. The part of the obstacle course that you have to climb the wall and slide down was the part Eli broke his leg on. I know, you think they are made for kids and safe, but I now strongly disagree. Eli was sliding down, like how he slides down the stairs, feet first and on his tummy. And when he landed he didn't bend his legs and the force of it broke his leg. It seriously broke my heart. He wouldn't walk on it and it got really swollen. He was a trooper, he didn't scream or anything. He just kind of stood there and cried for a minute, once we picked him up he was fine, not happy but was ok. After a long day in the ER, Eli came home with a blue cast with a train on it. He has to have it on for 3 very long weeks. He is doing fine now, I feel like I have a ten month old all over again. Crawling everywhere but can't just quite walk. Its sad, and I feel like a horrible mother.


This is like the obstacle course he broke his leg on. I am telling you. Freak Accident!




He still my sweet little Eli.

Bailey has been extra motherly to him. I think she can sense his pain.

The lady that put the cast on him also made a cute little train to put on it. I thought it was rather nice of her to do that!

Also to add on to this traumatizing event, we went to the ER yet again the next day. Eli had a fever of 103 and had been on pain meds all day! We went through another long visit to the ER and they just told us it was probable a virus. It doesn't seem right to me, but for Eli's sake I hope they are right. He still has a fever tonight, its been almost 2 days with a fever that won't break. I can say it has gone down just a bit. So I am hoping my poor little Eli will just hang in there. He is really having such a tough time. I love you Eli!

3 comments:

Natalie Bergquist said...

My poor Eli; he looks so pitiful and yet still so cute. The train is pretty cool. Hope Porter doesn't want to go out and break his leg to have something that cool too. =P Love you guys.

Darci said...

Poor Eli. He looks so tough and strong I can't believe he broke his leg.

My grandmother used to sing oh danny boy to me when I was young. Hearing it on your blog brought back a lot of memories. God bless and I hope the next 3 weeks go by fast and that you have another strong happy baby.

- Dan Neville

Anonymous said...

Write my name on the cast for me, and give him a big HUG from Aunt Laura.